February 24, 2010

so many things, so little time!

 
Life seems to get away from me rather easily, we have been living in our new home for 2 weeks now, and although the main rooms are looking quite comfortable, my studio is still in shambles.  It is amazing that I have been able to produce what I have without it!  Howerver, I will be (hopefully) persuading my lovely mate to get out his power drill and get things sorted for me so that I can get back into production mode!

Aside from the waiting for my studio to get set up, I have been doing some work fussing with antiques (which was really fun) and generally enjoying myself.  Today we went to Studio Todorovic and they took some of my cards for sale!  It feels so wonderful to finally be a part of Art Central, even in a small way.  Ooooh lala!

 
While there, I am sure that you can appreciate just how hard it is to not spend all of my money.  This piece however, Ryan fell in love with, and it is so rare that he appreciates art, that we just had to get it!

 
A not so beautiful closeup of the work.  For those who are interested This is an etching with a beautiful emboss, called Smithy Stuff II V.E.  by Trudy Kungold Ammann.  Check out Studio Todorovic at Art Central for more of her work and other work like it!

Finally, I was just testing the waters, but I am curious.  Ryan and I are now living on our own and thus paying bills is expensive.  In trying to avoid getting yet another job, I am curious if anyone might be interested in comissioning a small piece of art from me.  Either a drawing or a print.  I recently discovered a box of old books from when I used to make journals, and the pages are practically calling out to me to be drawn all over.  Just a thought, I would ensure that they were affordable, but who knows, it might be fun!  Either way, I might draw all over them

Loves and Kisses,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow the etching looks wonderful in that white frame! And... about the messy studio... aren't all studios in shambles like all the time? 'tis the way of the artist! :D

    ReplyDelete