December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays!

It has been an absolute, full out, sprint to the finish line trying to get ready for the holidays this year.  I am truly blessed to have my family and friends around me, and I really wanted my house to look nice when I saw them.  We had a fabulous holiday party here just this past Wednesday, featuring my main squeeze Bruce Willis.  Die Hard is easily my favorite holiday time movie, so it was great fun!  However, I am certain that you are not here to read about my festivities thus far - thrilling though it might be.  I also found the time to create a gift for all of my family, friends, and loved ones this year.  A three-layer, limited edition screen print that I went back into and hand coloured.  I have also had a request to create a new piece, so I have progress photos to show for that too!  In an attempt to not spoil the surprise for those who would like to wait until they get their screen prints, I am going to post that at the very end.  SPOILER ALERT - you have been warned!
 This guy is still a work in progress, but I was asked by a friend to draw a jackalope - and this is what I have so far.  Sorry about the photo, the light was not great this morning, so I had to punch up the exposure to really show what it looked like.  I will most certainly post more as work on the piece as it progresses.  I am also debating starting a series of "Slightly Mystical Beasts" if you have any suggestions for weird jackalope style creatures I might like to draw! 

Okay, so - here is the print.  I am going to put it farther down so that if you really want it to be a suprise you can.  As I said before, it is a three-layer screen print of an original illustration.  I hand pulled each of these babies, and went into each of the prints and did some hand colouring.  It was created on a really neat acid-free sketch paper that was completely recycled.  I would love to hear your feedback....















"cat feet", 2011
Jen Dunne
Limited Edition Screen Print
Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment